22 October, 2019
Classic Chicken A La King
Posted in : Food Recipes on by : Admin
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup heavy creamy
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped drained pimientos
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add in mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add in flour and stir until there are no more specks of flour left. Pour in chicken broth and milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 3 minutes.
- For a richer sauce: in a small mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks with heavy cream. Working quickly, slowly pour in 1/2 cup of the hot mixture into the egg mixture while whisking vigorously. Immediately pour this mixture back into the saucepan, whisking the entire time. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Stir in frozen peas, drained pimientos, and cooked chicken and let heat through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot over cooked rice, pasta, toast, or biscuits.
This article and recipe adapted from this site