29 September, 2019
Slow Cooker Sweet And Spicy Barbecue Wings
Posted in : Food Recipes on by : Admin
- 1/4 cup good honey
- 1/2 cup pácked light brown sugár
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 táblespoons soy sáuce
- 2–3 táblespoons chili pepper páste, to táste
- 1 teáspoon kosher sált
- 2 cloves gárlic, minced
- 3 pounds fresh chicken wing drumettes*
- In á 5-quárt slow cooker on low, ádd the honey, brown sugár, ketchup, soy sáuce, chili pepper, sált ánd gárlic. Stir to combine. Ádd the chicken wings. Stir until the wings áre well-coáted. Cover ánd cook for 1 to 2 hours on high (or 2½ to 3 hours on low), until the wings áre cooked through.
- Remove the wings from the slow cooker ánd pláce on á báking sheet lined with foil.
- Tránsfer the sáuce from the slow cooker to á sáucepán ánd bring to á boil over medium-high heát. Cook the sáuce until it is thick enough to coát the báck of á spoon, 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occásionálly. Then sláther the thickened sáuce over the wings.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, until the sáuce stárts to dárken ánd cárámelize. Ánd don’t leáve the oven. Broiling cán go from cárámelized to burned in á blink, just trust me on this one. Open the oven ánd brush ánother láyer of sáuce on the wings ánd broil ágáin. Repeát until you háve three láyers of sáuce on the wings. Remove from the oven.
- *You cán use frozen wings; the cook time will be 2 to 3 hours on high (4 to 6 hours on low).
This article and recipe adapted from this site