8 September, 2019
Easy Blueberry Pie Bars
Posted in : Food Recipes on by : Admin
- Crust and Topping
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter cut into cubes
For the filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- pinch salt
- 3 cups fresh blueberries – Frozen can be substituted
- Spray a 9×13 glass baking dish with non stick spray – set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add flour, sugar, salt and cubed butter to mixing bowl, beat until combined and crumbly. (DO NOT OVER MIX or you will have a cookie dough consistency. It should be crumbly)
- Remove one cup of flour mixture and set aside.
- Take remaining mixture and firmly press into your baking dish, covering the bottom.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until just firm to the touch and no brown on the sides. It will continue to bake after you add the topping.
- While crust is baking- whisk eggs in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, sour cream, flour and salt.
- Gently fold in blueberries. (if using frozen, do not fold in blueberries until you are ready to pour into prepared pie crust to avoid your batter turning blue).
- When crust is ready – remove from oven and add filling. Gently spooning over the top of the crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining crust mixture you had set aside.
- Bake 1 hour or until top is lightly browned.
- Cool 10 minutes before slicing.
This article and recipe adapted from this site