8 September, 2019
Best Szechuan Chicken Recipe
Posted in : Food Recipes on by : Admin
To deep fry chicken
- strips, 600 grams Chicken breast, cut into long
- Sunflower Oil, to deep fry
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoons Cornflour
- 1 tablespoon Plain flour
- 3 tablespoons Spring onion greens, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Chopped garlic
- 1 Green chili, chopped
- 5 Dried whole red chilies
- 5 Dried red chilies each broken into pieces
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Chili sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- to taste Salt
- To deep fry chicken
- Mix together all ingredients to deep fry chicken except chicken and oil. Add chicken pieces and mix well with hands so the chicken strips are coated well with the marinade. Let it rest for fifteen minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok over high flame. Once the oil is hot, lower the flame a bit, add chicken pieces and fry to a crispy golden brown. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and keep aside. (Fry chicken in batches if required.)
- To make sauce
- To make the schezwan sauce, soak 5 dried red chilies in hot water for about 15 minutes. Remove stalks, and grind the soaked chilies to a smooth paste.
- Transfer all the oil in which chicken was fried to a container except for about 3 tablespoons. Saute chopped garlic and spring onion greens in the wok till fragrant. Add green chili and the remaining dried red chili pieces and saute till color starts to change. Toss in chopped onion and saute till translucent. Add one tablespoon of the red chili paste made earlier and fry over a low flame for a couple of minutes. Mix in soy sauce, chili sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar and saute. Season as required. Pour in water and bring to boil. Finally mix in fried chicken strips and sugar and warm through till the sauce is thick and coats the chicken.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.
This article and recipe adapted from this site