28 July, 2019
The Best Basement Brownies Dessert
Posted in : Food Recipes on by : Admin
- 50 caramels, unwrapped
- 15.25 ounces German chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter, melted
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9×9-inch pan.
- Melt caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until caramels have completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, remaining 2/3 cup evaporated milk and butter. Mix by hand until batter is smooth and combined.
- Pour a little over 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes only and then remove from the oven. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on top of the partially cooked brownie. Drizzle caramel on top of the chocolate chips. Drop spoonfuls of the remaining batter on top. You probably won’t have enough to cover the caramel completely.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 18 to 20 minutes until the brownies feel fairly set on top and the edges are lightly browned and crisp. Let the brownies cool completely before cutting. The longer they have time to cool, the more they will firm up.
This article and recipe adapted from this site