28 July, 2019
Best Chicken Teriyaki Chow Mein
Posted in : Food Recipes on by : Admin
for 6 servings
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed (455 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce, divided (120 mL)
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 6 oz chow mein noodle, hong kong style pan fried noodles, par cooked according to package instructions (180 g)
- ¾ cup onion, sliced (11520 g)
- ½ cup carrot, julienned (60 g)
- 1 cup broccoli floret (150 g)
- 1 cup cabbage (100 g)
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, season the cubed chicken with salt and pepper. Add ¼ cup (of 60 ml) teriyaki sauce and mix until the chicken is well-coated. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- In a wok or deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, then add the par-cooked noodles. Cook for 1-2 minutes, allowing the noodles to crisp, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, then add the chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until browned on one side, then stir and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until fully cooked through. Set the chicken aside.
- In the same wok, add 1 tablespoon of oil, the onion, and carrot. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onions are translucent. Add the broccoli and cabbage. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes, then season with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes more, until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the cooked chicken and crispy noodles back to the wok, along with the remaining ¼ cup (60 ml) teriyaki sauce. Toss well and cook for 2-3 minutes, until everything is well-combined. Garnish with sesame seeds.
This article and recipe adapted from this site