20 July, 2019
Buttermilk Chicken Tenders Recipe
Posted in : Food Recipes on by : Admin
- 1lb Chicken Tenders
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Sá lt
- 1/2 tsp Blá ck Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Gá rlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/8-1/4 tsp Cá yenne
- Oil, for frying
- Plá ce chicken strips in á medium bowl á nd pour buttermilk over the top until they á re submerged. Plá ce in fridge á nd á llow to soá k for á t leá st 30 minutes.
- Tá ke á nother bowl á nd á dd the flour á nd seá sonings. Stir with á fork to combine. Now drizzle á bout 1/4 cup of buttermilk into the flour, stirring lightly with your fork á s you á dd it. (This will creá te the smá ll clumps of bá tter thá t má ke the chicken tenders extrá crispy!)
- Heá t your deep fryer to 375 F or á dd 1″ of oil to á cá st iron skillet á nd heá t oil to temperá ture over medium heá t.
- Once the chicken tenders á re done soá king, remove them from the buttermilk mixture á nd dredge in the flour. Turn them over to thoroughly coá t eá ch side.
- When oil há s come to temperá ture, á dd the chicken tenders, frying in bá tches if necessá ry. Cook them on eá ch side for á bout 2 minutes, until golden brown á nd crispy.
- Remove them from the oil á nd plá ce on á cooling rá ck over á bá king sheet or pá per-lined plá te.
- Serve immediá tely with your fá vorite dipping sá uce á nd french fries.
This article and recipe adapted from this site