17 July, 2019
Amazing Granny Smith Apple Bundt Cake
Posted in : Food Recipes on by : Admin
- 2 c sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 c vegetable oil
- 1 orange (squeeze juice save peel for zest)
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3 large Granny Smith apples peeled and cored and cubed in small pieces
- 1 c chopped pecans
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 dash(es) orange extract (optional)
- 1 Tbsp milk (depending on how thick you want your glaze)
How to Make Granny Smith Apple Bundt Cake
- Prepare Bundt pan (butter and flour or Baker’s Joy) and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Begin mixing sugar, eggs, oil, and orange juice. Then slowly add all of the dry ingredients. Add apples and pecans last. This batter should be very thick and dense.
- Pour batter in Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 min or until a tester comes out clean.
- Turn cake onto a plate and allow to cool.
- Mix glaze to the consistency you would like it.
- Drizzle the cake with the glaze and enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site