14 July, 2019
Super Easy Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Posted in : Food Recipes on by : Admin
- One 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛th tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped pecans (may substitute walnuts)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- (If you want raisins, add ¾ – 1 cup of raisins, optional)
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- One 8-ounce pkg cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 – 3 & ½ cups powdered sugar
- Additional chopped pecans for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 9×13″ rectangular baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pineapple and eggs until combined. Whisk in the sugars, oil, and vanilla, followed by the dry ingredients until a cohesive batter comes together. Fold in the pecans, carrots, and raisins (if using) until combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist, not wet, crumbs. Cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until combined and fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in the orange juice and gradually add in the powdered sugar, about one cup at a time, until mixture is light and fluffy, streaming in the heavy cream as needed.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the cake and sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans, if using. Store covered in the fridge.
This article and recipe adapted from this site