12 July, 2019
Best Sticky And Crispy Orange Chicken
Posted in : Food Recipes on by : Admin
- 2 large chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 3-4 cups oil , for frying depending on the size of your pan
- Orange Sauce
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cups rice vinegar, or white vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Cut chicken thighs or chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes.
- In a medium-large bowl, mix together cornstarch, flour and salt & pepper.
- Add the egg, oil and water. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the chicken cubes to the mixture and marinate for 30-60 minutes in the fridge.
- In a medium-large saucepan, heat the oil to 350˚F (177˚C).
- Add the marinated chicken cubes in batches and deep fry them for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mix together orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and orange zest.
- Heat a skillet or wok over medium-high heat and add oil. Then add garlic and stir-fry for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add in the sauce mixture and stir to combine.
- Mix the cornstarch and water in a separate bowl, and then add the mixture (slurry) to the pan to thicken the sauce. Stir until mixture is smooth and thick, about 5 minutes.
- Add back the fried chicken and toss to coat completely!
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve and enjoy!
This article and recipes adapted fromt this site