Objectives of Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf
1. To make Pakistan an egalitarian modern Islamic welfare state which
upholds the fundamental rights of the people in which all citizens
regardless of caste, creed and religion, can live in peace, harmony
2. To promote and protect the freedom of thought and expression.
3. To devise, formulate and implement systems and policies so as to
eradicate corruption and tyranny in all its forms and manifestations
from public life and to create permanent institutions of
accountability for those who have corrupted the system (rather
than those who have been corrupted by the system) and to
recognize, protect and encourage persons of integrity and
competence in all walks of life.
4. To promote tolerance and to eliminate all kinds of prejudices
throughout the country; whether provincial, ethnic, religious,
sectarian, linguistic or tribal; and to inculcate a spirit of unity,
mutual affection, brotherhood and prosperity for all.
5. To replace prevalent colonial system of government with a vibrant,
responsive and democratically decentralized form of governance.
6. To promote and enforce provincial autonomy.
7. To devolve and decentralize state power to local bodies by
providing constitutional protection to them in order to ensure
community participation in planning and development of all regions
8. To promote equality, unity, solidarity and brotherhood amongst the
citizens and to strive for a Pakistani identity.
9. To prelude personal enrichment by politicians and public officials
through abuse of authority by enacting laws prohibiting conflict of
10. To eliminate nepotism, favoritism and jobbery from the national life
and to make merit as a criterion in all walks of life.
11. To ensure independence of judiciary and to provide inexpensive
and expeditious system of justice through a healthy, responsive,
credible and effective court system.
12. To eliminate VIP culture, arrogant display of wealth and authority,
double standards of dispensation of rights and justice, repression
and oppression of the down-trodden by the state functionaries.
13. To eliminate the curse of illegal wealth, feudal coercion and
administrative interference in politics and elections.
14. To weed out smugglers, drug pushers, qabza groups and other
parasites and anti-social elements.
15. To reform the electoral system that would bring about
accountability of election expenses and drastically reduce election
spending, and to prevent defaulters and the corrupt from,
participating in elections, thus facilitating persons of integrity and
modest means to get elected to the legislatures.
16. To abolish feudalism and to implement land reforms and the state
lands so acquired, to be distributed amongst the landless peasants.
17. To introduce just and equitable system of land tenure and to
protect the tiller and cultivator from the excesses of the revenue
administration and feudal exploitation.
18. To tax all sources of income including agriculture and to ensure
payment of government and public dues and to eliminate massive
financial leakages throughout the country.
19. To extend equal and adequate educational and health facilities to
all citizens throughout the country and to achieve 100% literacy.
20. To introduce a uniform system of quality education and to develop
core 'curriculum for all strata of society and to discourage elitism.
21. To endeavor for sustained low inflation economic growth through
major improvements in the social and physical infrastructure and
support facilities in order to promote economic activity and
prosperity for all throughout Pakistan.
22. To contain inflation and stabilize prices of the necessities of life.
23. To endeavor for universal employment through massive economic,
industrial and agricultural development.
24. To uphold dignity of labour, to promote socio-economic and
political emancipation of the working classes to ensure just wages
for all workers and peasants.
25. To redress the grievances and problems of fixed income groups like
clerks, pensioners and senior citizens.
26. To promote and protect investments by overseas Pakistanis and
other investors, cutting layers of regulations, securing investment
environment, transparency and durability in economic policies.
27. To reform and restructure the civil services at all levels by providing
constitutional protection to civil servants against politicization and
interference, and to promote specialization and efficiency.
28. To recognize, promote and implement policies that protect the
rights of women belonging to all strata of society, especially middle
and working classes as equal citizens and to encourage
participation of women in the national and political life.
29. To provide for representation for women.
30. To provide for special seats for labour technocrats, professionals
and intellectuals in the legislatures.
31. To protect the rights and interests of the minorities and to respect
32. To introduce joint electorates throughout Pakistan.
33. To ensure that all unjust laws, especially manipulation by the
government, and restrictions contrary to the freedom of press and
rights of the journalists and press workers are abolished.
34. To release electronic media from governmental strangulation and
35. To strive for the right of the citizens to have free access to public
36. To introduce police reforms in order to make it responsive to the
needs of citizens.
37. To introduce and implement extensive judicial reforms in order to
provide expeditious justice through an efficient court system.
38. To ensure participation of the youth, the future leaders of Pakistan,
in the national mainstream.
39. To train the youth and modernize their skills through technical
education and employment opportunities.
40. To ensure participation of Overseas Pakistanis in the electoral
41. To strengthen family as a unit and to promote family values.
42. To preserve, protect and promote the rich and diverse cultural
heritage of Pakistan.
43. To pursue an independent foreign policy conducive to national
interest with special emphasis on relations with regional countries
and the Muslim Ummah.
44. To strengthen national security and defense against external and
45. To strive for the right of self-determination for the people of
46. To support international efforts for welfare and dignity of global
community and to establish a just international economic order.
47. To enforce Islamic Provisions of the Constitution on nonsectarian